Beaver Control Program
2023 – 2024 Beaver Control Program (CPA-BCP)
The RM of Hoodoo pays a beaver bounty of:
- $30/tail trapped within the RM of Hoodoo & submitted for the first 25 beaver tails per licensed trapper
- $40/tail trapped within the RM of Hoodoo & submitted above 25 tails per licensed trapper per submission year.
The submission year runs in conjunction with the CPA-BCP program with the Ministry of Environment as described below. All required forms are required to be filled out & signed by the RM foreman and submitted to the office in order to be authorized for payment. Please call the office for more details.
As of April 1st, 2023 to March 31st, 2024 the RM’s must authorize/contract individuals with valid trapping licenses issued by the Ministry of Environment, to remove nuisance beavers.
- Authorized licensed individuals are required to deliver the beaver tails to their respective RM official(s) who must mark them with paint or a notch so they are not re-used in this or any other rebate program. The RM office is responsible to dispose of the tail as they seem necessary.
- For each authorized/contracted individual, RM must provide the following information:
- Name of the authorized licensed individual;
- Trapping license number and valid date of that license;
- Legal land description or GPS coordinates of the agriculture land where nuisance beavers were removed and being claimed for;
- Number of beaver removed from each location reported; and
- Date of removal for each location listed.
- For a template of the TRAPPER VERIFICATION FORM visit the SARM website at: https://sarm.ca/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/CAP-BCP-TRAPPER-VERIFICATION-FORM-2022-23-fillable.pdf
- Trappers must hold a valid and current license number through the Ministry of Environment at the time their service is provided to the RM for the purpose of CAP-BCP. License numbers and dates will be verified prior to rebate funding approval.
Summary of Trapping Regulations and Information
Please visit Trapping | Hunting, Trapping and Angling | Government of Saskatchewan for more information & regulations on trapping in the Province of Saskatchewan. The RM of Hoodoo is a recognized municipality where beavers may be hunted.